Yamaha YZF R15 Competition White coming again?

A few weeks back, I was in a plan to buy a Yamaha YZF R15 Competition White. As I saw in Yamaha website, the white color seemed way sexier than the other colors. As a first step, I called the nearest dealer here in Trivandrum. When I asked for the 100k sporty, they were in high interest to reply that the color competition white was a limited edition and the production of the same is stopped. They urged me to take any other color. I agreed to do so and the next day I went to their showroom. Fortunately or unfortunately I was late, the showroom was closed. I returned, made a couple more calls to the same dealer and confirmed the unavailability of my favorite color.

Next day, I asked my friends about this and their opinion was not to trust the dealer and try somewhere else. That seemed a good idea and next call was to a dealer in Thrissur, my hometown. They had a different story. They told me that the production of the same is stopped, but will be launched again in August. I was happy that at-least they are pushing me for the color I wanted. The next week, I went there and booked for the same. It was at the end of June, and now its July. Yesterday, when I was going through the Yamaha website, I was stunned to see that the white color R15 is disappeared from the website. Now I’m a bit tensed, Did I just got screwed up? I decided to contact Yamaha this time, sent a mail regarding this. See their response to my mails below.

From: Ragesh C.

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2010 4:26 PM

To: ‘Back Office’

Subject: RE: Query : Product : Non YAMAHA Customer

Dear Sir/Mam,

I had booked for an R15 Competition White Edition a few weeks back. But now I can’t find it in this website. Is the production of this bike of this color stopped? The dealer told me that it will be available by august. Will I get it?

Regards,

Ragesh C

From: Back Office [mailto:BackOffice@yamaha-motor-india.com]

Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 6:48 PM

To: Ragesh C

Subject: Re: Query : Product : Non YAMAHA Customer

Dear Sir

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. We are sorry to inform you that R-15 White Color was a Limited Edition and the production for the same has been stopped now. Thus, we would not be able to supply the same now.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks & Regards

Back Office Operations

Toll Free : 1800-420-1600

From: Ragesh C.

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 3:35 PM

To: ‘Back Office’

Subject: RE: Query : Product : Non YAMAHA Customer

Dear Sir/Ma’m,

I knew that the production of Yamaha R15 White edition is stopped now. I’ve contacted the dealer again and told them about your response. They are telling me that the production is stopped now, but will be launched again in August 5th. Is it true? Please tell me whether there is any possibility for the production of the same to be restarted in near future. Shall I wait?

Regards,

Ragesh C

From: Back Office [mailto:BackOffice@yamaha-motor-india.com]

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 3:44 PM

To: Ragesh C.

Subject: RE: Query : Product : Non YAMAHA Customer

Dear Sir

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. We are sorry to inform you that due to some organisational policies, we would not be able to comment on the same.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks & Regards

Back Office Operations

Toll Free : 1800-420-1600

Well, I can’t figure out anything in much detail from their response. The option I’m left with is to be optimistic and wait till August!

Update: It’s now confirmed that the R15 white edition won’t be available anymore. I need to select any other color.
Update: R15 2.0 released just after a year I took my blue R15 1.0! But that doesn’t make me disappointed as what I have is awesome!

Advertisements

39 thoughts on “Yamaha YZF R15 Competition White coming again?

1. samik says:

hey rajesh!i booked the white colour last august from yamaha factory shop and d guys in yamaha told me that i will be getting it before the durga puja…so,i think you should give it another try!

2. samik says:

u could have waited for atleast some months or atleast contactd d yamaha guysj!!after all u r nt going 2 buy a bike every month..and yeah!its from d yamaha factory shop and nt n e fuckin dealer!n e ways,wish u a very safe ride.

3. The Half-Blood Geek says:

You can see in the post that I did contact the yamaha guys, What am I supposed to do from that response? After a month of waiting, the dealer confirmed that it won’t be available! As I love the bike more than its color, I made a quick choice of default blue. You are right. I’m not going to buy a bike everymonth, but I can repaint it 🙂 But no need I think. I totally love the current blue. Please inform if you get your white edition. If it happen, I’ll strangle that stupid dealer!

4. The Half-Blood Geek says:

samik,
    If the “YAMAHA FACTORY SHOP” you mentioned is this one:
    Dealer Name YAMAHA FACTORY SHOP – KOLKATA
    Address M/S YAMAHA FACTORY SHOP;C/o YAMAHA MOTOR INDIA SALES PVT LTD;BB/34 – 102;VIP PARK;GROUND AND FIRST FLOOR;NARAYAN TALA;WEST PRAFULLA KANAN;CALCUTTA – 700 059;WEST BENGAL
    City Kolkata
    Contact Person Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt Ltd
    Phone-office 033 – 40622086/84/87/92,09830596079
    Phone Res

From the info I got from Yamaha, they are yet another authorized dealer like the one I bought my yamaha from. If you want to get answer from the real yamaha guys, you need to mail to BackOffice@yamaha-motor-india.com I think. Please try that! Wish you good luck with your R15 White edition!

5. samik says:

as far my knowledge goes,there r only 4 factory shops in the whole of india..and this 1 in kolkata is 1 of dem!so,hope they wont lie 2 me dis way…tch!jst kpng my finger crossed and hope that i dnt hve 2 settle for n e othr colour!

• The Half-Blood Geek says:

I bought it from an authorized dealer which is listed in yamaha website like the yamaha factory shop. I seriously doubt the name “Yamaha Factory shop” is just the name of the dealer. I searched for yamaha factory shop, and couldn’t find any satisfactory results.. So please check it! Good luck!

• The Half-Blood Geek says:

Me too feel so as I own It now! 🙂 It has a unique design on the cowling, unlike the other colors! That makes it more similar to its daddy, the YZF R1!

6. The Half-Blood Geek says:

Great Throttle response.. I didn’t experiment much as the first service isn’t over and roads aren’t good here.. The bike whether its blue or white is a head turner.. You will feel special every time you stop at the red signal being in sight of others, That I can guarantee :). Very good handling, But the riding position, I’m still learning to lock in to it properly. you will have a 100 reasons to love this bike regardless of its color! Cheers!

7. samik says:

actually m a bit nervous…it wud b my first byk..and also wid my own savings right from 2008 when i first saw this sexy on road.hope it wont disappoint me…i feel rat runnin n my stomach as the dellivery date is drawin nearer and nearer

8. samik says:

no wat yaar!m a new learner,learning on a bajaj boxer…!wud it b much of a herculean task 2 switch 2 r15!hve heard dat d gears functions r a bit diff.from other byks?really lukng forward 2 gt sum feedback from u.

9. The Half-Blood Geek says:

I don’t think you will take much time to switch.. gear shift is: 1st gear down and the rest up. I didn’t had a bike before, I was also somesort like you before buying R15. Once you get the connection, then she’s all yours man! I will not say no to R15 unless you have a bigger budget.

• The Half-Blood Geek says:

Congrats man! I don’t know whether I should strangle the dealer or myself for that decision. But I’m quiet happy with my blue + black sportie which turns heads and looks decent! You know, its performance of the bike that matters! I just gave it today for my first service! We have to pay an extra 1000Rs for the oil change! Wish you a good time with your babe! Ride safe!

10. The Half-Blood Geek says:

Wow! That’s Great news, Samik! Also please don’t hesitate to share your riding experiences! You will know the difference when riding any other bike after riding yours! 🙂

11. samik says:

hey ragesh,i hve uploaded a few pictures of my sexy on my orkut a/c.just chek it out and let me no!riding on her is awesum bt lyk u m also havn sum sitting problems…!but the luks of envy i gt from other r15 owners(other colours) is worth watchin…neways,do gve me ur feed back!still then t.c!

12. That will be really difficult.. 🙂 After my first service, I still haven’t crossed 1000 kms, but I reached 7-8K sometimes. I read somewhere that, shifting to 5th and 6th gear below 5k rpm is not good for the engine.. Did you see anything regarding the rpm limit in the manual? I didn’t! Better be on the safe side anyway!